Australia / December 17 2020
Nightjar is an experience design and technology company based in Sydney, specialising in UX strategy, design, and innovative tech. We partner with brands and startups across the world, to build engaging design-led solutions which make a global impact. Our clients include THE ICONIC, Destination NSW, EVENT Entertainment & Hospitality, Optus, ReachOut, Sneaker Freaker, Sonoma, Armadillo, Lifeline, Queen Garnet and Secret-7 to name a few.
Nightjar is a close knit team and you will be relied upon to be a contributing and involved member in terms of both your work output but also your attitude, work ethic, and sense of adventure!
Nightjars are a special breed; we push ourselves to create work that gets results, and as a team we break through the barrier of convention to deliver original, impactful experiences. We are passionate above all else, and you will need to demonstrate an energy and enthusiasm for solving problems and the work that goes out the door.
As a Senior Experience Designer at Nightjar, you will be passionate about digital experiences and the role they play in our users’ lives, and highly competent at creating engaging, end to end experiences people just keep coming back to.
You’ll go beyond the brief and present solutions that will make the client say ‘Why didn’t we think of that?’. You’ll take the user on an entire journey, from their first interaction with the brand / product / service right through to end, and then back again.
What you'll do
Put the user first: Champion the user needs in the context of all your solutions and designs
Value design research: Understand the design research process, collaborate and support our Head of Experience Strategy, to formalise design research into insights and ideas
Problem solve: Use your design thinking skills to problem solve across a wide variety of concepts and challenges
Help drive the design process: Be efficient in translating design research into purposeful and delightful product experiences. From early vision concepts, to wireframes, to visual design and onto pixel-perfect delivery - you’ll be hands-on and part of the team that owns the product experience from end-to-end.
Be curious: With a desire to always improve things, and always asking why, you’ll be exploring new ways of making things better every time.
Add to our collaborative culture: We value a positive personality who can give and take healthy feedback, encourage and develop the team’s ideas, and generally leave ego out of it.
You’ll sharpen your skills: Take ownership of the important aspects of the design, and help evolve our team as we continue to learn and tune our process.
- A real passion for phenomenal design, a superb aesthetic sense, an extraordinary eye for detail, crazy prototyping skills and a deep appreciation for user experience.
- High proficiency in tools such as Figma, Keynote, Adobe Creative Suite, Principal (or any similar prototyping tool)
- Strong communication and presenting skills and the ability to execute, organise and verbalise your design process.
- Exceptional quality, high fidelity wireframing skills - grounded in robust strategy and insights
- Complete comfort sketching, posting, and riffing with your team
- Conduct interviews, competitive research, design explorations, and strategic analysis
- Facilitate workshops with various teams and stakeholders and present to senior leadership
- 5+ years experience in similar positions
- Agency-side experience
- Excellent working knowledge of design processes, methodologies and principles
- Excellent experience design skills and the ability to create artefacts such as Information Architecture diagrams, Archetypes + Personas, Customer Journey Maps, User Flows, Scenarios, Wireframes and Prototypes, Usability testing scripts
- You will need to demonstrate your design capability by showing a strong portfolio full of beautiful, usable experiences designed for all kinds of devices and contexts
- Good grasp of Google Analytics / data sources
- A design/research/cognitive sciences related degree could be an advantage
- The Nightjar studio is located on Crown Street in Surry Hills
- Competitive package
- Training budget
- Super fun studio environment
- Monthly outings and excursions
- PS - must love dogs
We’re sticklers! Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
The Charles GroupAs the key point of contact for both the Client and the project team, the Digital Project Manager is one of the key players at The Charles HQ. Responsible for managing projects from discovery and design to technical development, production and deploy
100 ShapesUnited KingdomAbout us100 Shapes’ mission is to make work better. Through our work with the UK’s biggest broadcast companies such as BBC and ITV and a range of our own products such as ClearChain, we’re using technology to transform organisations and building a co